The Northwest Region Youth Of Unity invites you to celebrate with them
Kids Camp is a Y.O.U. service project for Unity Kids 7 through 11 years of age. Camp is a 4 day - 3 night communion with Spirit. This event is created, planned, facilitated and supervised by YOU volunteers (15 to 18 year olds) from regional churches, who pay their own registration to attend. The teens become "parents" to their campers providing all daily structure, supported by an adult team. Activities include large group funshops, small family groups, singing, meditation, swimming, walking, games, prayer, and vespers.
Is my child ready to be a Kids Camper? Click here to view the Camper Application Check List.
Click here to view the Camper Agreements
THINGS TO KNOW:
- No store exists on grounds; come supplied with personal items.
- Leave your money with the person driving you to and from camp.
- You will receive your room and family assignment in the registration office.
- You will be housed in 1 of 2 dorms and in 1 of 8 rooms with your camp family group.
- Everyone is assigned to a family of 9-12 people. It is an opportunity to learn about yourself and to make new friendships.
- Leave your personal electronic devices at home. Family leaders will use their own musical devices to enhance the atmosphere. If you need one for your "Spirit Share," you will be asked to leave it with your counselor until the time of your rehearsal and/or performance.
WHAT IS “SPIRIT SHARING”? In keeping with the tradition of expressing our spirit, people bring their skits, props, instruments, costumes and imaginations for a sharing time. The theme and spiritual intent of camp are to be reflected in all acts. Keep this in mind while choosing and preparing your part.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Medical Information / Authorization to Treat Form (your traveling copy)
- Sleeping bag, pillow & pajamas
- “Spirit Sharing” props, instruments, music, costumes (optional)
- Teddy bear or other stuffed friend
- Kit with comb, brush, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo & soap
- 2 Towels, washcloths
- Clothes for hot, cool or rainy weather, hat, jacket, two pairs of shoes, 4 pairs of socks, 3 sets of underwear, etc.
- Swimming suit, plastic bag for packing wet items (swim suit, towel) for trip home
MEALS: Are similar to public school lunches and are served family style. Waskowitz staff attempts to meet special dietary needs when requested in advance they cannot support vegan or gluten free diets. Bring some of your own food to supplement.
ARRIVE between 4-5pm Sunday.
DEPART about 1pm Wednesday after lunch and closing circle.
FEE: $285 ($250 i7fpostmarked by 6/1/17) includes meals and lodging from Sunday dinner at 5:30 p.m. through Wednesday lunch at 12 noon, plus a T-shirt and camp photos.
In the event of a cancellation, $75 of the registration fee will be retained to cover pre-camp expenses.
LOCATION: Camp Waskowitz 45505 SE 150th St North Bend WA 98045 Click here for Directions.
3.75 miles E of North Bend, WA take Exit #34 from Interstate 90, then go South on 468th Ave SW, and turn Right onto 150th SE and continue about 3/4 mile.
MESSAGES: In an EMERGENCY call Jackie Green's cell (509) 995 3036. As last option call the camp (425) 888-0681 to speak person-to-person.